Friday, July 5, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts


                  For obvious reasons, my thoughts today are centered on this country. I think how proud I am to call myself a citizen of it. I think of how many others have come here seeking that same privilege. I reflect on those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for me to sit here and write these words without any fear of persecution. I pray for those who are currently giving up their freedom to keep Old Glory flying high. I recognize that freedom is not free; it comes at a very high cost. As I look back on the history of America, I wonder what lies before her. Today I’m witnessing my beloved country travel down the wrong path. I am reminded of the lyrics to a song: “This nation is like a run away train/Headed down the wrong track/It’s time for the army of God to arise/And say ‘We want America back.’”
                  Today is set aside to remember the birth of our nation. I hope you will join me in thanking God for the blessings we have received, asking Him to bless America once more, but remembering our true citizenship is in heaven (Philip. 3:20 ASV).

No comments:

Post a Comment