Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday’s Thoughts

 

So I went to Sonic the other day to get a nice, cold drink to beat this muggy heat. After drinking all of my raspberry sweet tea (my favorite btw), I opened the lid to eat some ice. And guess what? There was a dead fly sitting on top of that ice! Needless to say, I was a little grossed out and did not eat any of that ice. However, it got me thinking about how great I thought that tea was while I was drinking it. It was sweet and perfectly flavored. It quenched my thirst and I thought there was nothing better than that at the moment. But when I opened it up, it was disgusting. It was contaminated and no longer made me feel satisfied. Isn’t that how we are sometimes? On the outside, we put on nice clothes and fix our hair and have a pretty smile. But on the inside, are we contaminated by the flies of the world? God knows. He knows our hearts (Luke 16:15, I Samuel 16:7). He knows what’s inside when we take the top off of our soul.

Let’s try harder than ever to focus on the inside of our cups and keep the flies out.

-C

1 comment:

  1. It's also a good analogy for sin! At first it looks good, tastes good, is satisfying... but when we look deeper it is contaminating and disgusting.

    ReplyDelete