Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday's Task-Be honest

Today, I'm going to be honest with you. Last week, I didn't post on the days I was scheduled to post. I apologize to you for that but the reason I didn't post was because I had no words. I had no words of wisdom or encouragement because I was in need of those words. I couldn't find a way to encourage anyone else because I was so discouraged myself. And I want you to know that when you feel that way, you are not alone. You are not the only one who has those days/weeks. Sometimes life just gets the best of us. We fall down and we can't see the way  to get back up.

But then the sun rises and you are reminded of God's love and His grace and His mercy and His care. He is the light. On my own, all I see is darkness. But in Him, the shadows disappear and His light guides me out.

So today, I want you to know that you aren't alone. One, you have God always with you. But also, you aren't the first person to feel discouraged or full of despair. Don't be afraid to share those days with others. Don't be afraid to tell a sister or brother in Christ that you are struggling. Part of the beauty of having a family in Christ is that we can help each other. We aren't walking this life alone.

May this week be filled with light instead of darkness. And may we never forget that He is always with us.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment